Email Scheduling

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Scheduling

We are in the education industry and one of our applications for Marketo is to drip a series of emails to students who have enrolled with us in the lead up to their course/term start date.

To generalise what we would like to do:

- nurturing time line = 8 weeks  
- If student enrols in week 1 to 4 > 3 (email 1, 2, 3) emails to be sent. These 3 emails to be evenly sent (spaced) from when they enrol to end date (ie, in the time line - at the end of the week 😎
- If student enrols in week 5 to 7 > 2 (email 2, 3) emails to be sent. These 2 emails to be evenly sent (spaced) from when they enrol to end date (ie, in the time line - at the end of the week 😎
- If student enrols in week 8 > 1 (email 3) emails to be sent. This email to be sent in the last week

I hope this makes sense and would appreciate any ideas or suggestions on how this could be achieved.

Cheers, John 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Scheduling

Hey John,

The way I would do this is by setting up 1 engagement program, and 3 streams inside of that program.

When someone fills out the form, you could have a data management campaign that populates a field with 'Enrollment date/time'. Use the system token {{system.datetime}}.

Then in your engagement stream, you could set it up to add them to the stream with the series of emails you want in it. Use the Enrollment date/time field to filter which stream people should get placed in.

Stream  #1: email 1,2,3
Stream #2: email 2,3
Stream #3: email 3

That would be how I would recommend setting it up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Scheduling

Hi Pierce,

Thanks for your reply. It will certainly help me.

We have SalesForce and our trigger will be based on a stage change in SF and i can filter by the datetime stamp for this change to get the leads into it teh engagement program streams.

My question is how can I send the emails evenly spread from the time they enter into one of streams to a specified end date.
I can't seem to see any options for this in the cadence configuration in teh engagement engine.

Thanks again and i hope you can advise further.

Cheers, John