SOLVED

Last Interesting Moment Date Changes

Go to solution
denissemiranda
Level 2

Last Interesting Moment Date Changes

Hi guys.

I started working with a company that has been with Marketo for 4 years but they didn't have Last Interesting Moment fields active, so I did and they liked them but I have empty fields for the contacts that were already in our DB... I was trying to figure out how to activate it backwards for leads that they captured during the past years, so basically the "{{trigger" details works different. I have their registration date and I want that to be copied to Last Interesting Moment Date, but that is not an option to edit. 

I tried to tweak it and I ended up with a decent Last Interesting Moment, but my Last Interesting Moment Date is all messed up, showing the date I made the change (today) which is not correct. 

I am basically realizing Last Interesting Moment can't be changed as flexible as other fields, so I am open to suggestions about how to populate these fields properly for past contacts.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Last Interesting Moment Date Changes

Last Interesting Moment Date similar to other interesting moment standard fields is a system managed standard field, meaning you’d not be able to make any updates/add past data to it unfortunately. Interesting Moments by design are setup as a forward looking entity IMO. Granted that you have already got interesting moment’s data/activity in the db, but if you badly want it to put it on separate dedicated fields, you can create a setup to update the custom fields for the retroactive updates. You’d also need setup to update the custom IM fields in case new IM gets logged (e.g., wipe custom Last IM date field). This could be a whole new project in itself, and would need some thinking before undertaking it considering the effort. I hope this is helpful. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

Last Interesting Moment Date similar to other interesting moment standard fields is a system managed standard field, meaning you’d not be able to make any updates/add past data to it unfortunately. Interesting Moments by design are setup as a forward looking entity IMO. Granted that you have already got interesting moment’s data/activity in the db, but if you badly want it to put it on separate dedicated fields, you can create a setup to update the custom fields for the retroactive updates. You’d also need setup to update the custom IM fields in case new IM gets logged (e.g., wipe custom Last IM date field). This could be a whole new project in itself, and would need some thinking before undertaking it considering the effort. I hope this is helpful. 

denissemiranda
Level 2

Ok yeah, thank you for the detailed answer, it was difficult for me to explain it. I have been thinking of setups and I can't get the right answer, do you know a way to copy a registration date to another new field without the need to export? what supposed {{trigger should I use, or it's more like an export + import process? Thanks!

Darshil_Shah1

You could always use Bulk activity export API to extract the required past activity data (filled out registration form/channel progression step change activities) from Marketo, get the activity date, and write it to a custom field in Marketo. Excited to learn if there’s an alternative approach to pull this off entirely using GUI. 

denissemiranda
Level 2

I am not that savvy with the API, I'm learning (so thanks for the suggestion!) but not that confident yet, so what I ended up doing was exporting and copying manually to upload again and praying the match went well. It worked so far but still I had to make a few manual checks. Not the ideal solution.