Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

SOLVED

Re: Landingpage Best Practices

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Landingpage Best Practices

Hi guys,

we've just started with Marketo and stand now in front of the question to replace the entire resources section (including existing LP with forms -->SFDC) with the appropriate Marketo ones. 

Basically I see two different scenarios.

1. Existing Landingpages within the resources section on the corporate website.
2. Campaign Landingpages for different future marketing activities within Marketo. (which needs to be created then)

So the question is if we're supposed to replace the LP's from scenario one? And if yes creating them within in the Design Studio or creating a marketing activity program which contains all the existing landing pages?!

Once they're created shall we use them for future mailing campaigns or shall we create landing pages for all marketing programs (even if the lead goal is the same whitepaper)?

I hope you guys can help us...
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Christian - your existing LPs - how are they getting their info into SFDC?

You might be able to do an API swap in the background so you don't have to completely rebuild.

Ultimately you do want the activities captured in Marketo - ideally before they go into SFDC so you can nurture, score and do some hygiene, etc.

Key element is to ensure that you get the Munkin cookie associated with the email address.

You will probably want to put together a transition plan - this is what you do with all new LPs going forward, this is how you are handling priortized legacy, this is the EOL path for underperforming LPs, etc. Depending on your volumes you might take a different path. You could back-in from SFDC but not sure if it is worth the effort - not to mention it will clutter SFDC.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Christian - your existing LPs - how are they getting their info into SFDC?

You might be able to do an API swap in the background so you don't have to completely rebuild.

Ultimately you do want the activities captured in Marketo - ideally before they go into SFDC so you can nurture, score and do some hygiene, etc.

Key element is to ensure that you get the Munkin cookie associated with the email address.

You will probably want to put together a transition plan - this is what you do with all new LPs going forward, this is how you are handling priortized legacy, this is the EOL path for underperforming LPs, etc. Depending on your volumes you might take a different path. You could back-in from SFDC but not sure if it is worth the effort - not to mention it will clutter SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clinton's advice is right on. The other thing to mention is that a lot of times you can just replace the form on your scenario 1 pages without rebuilding the whole landing page.

This article covers how to do that: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqgCAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

Erik,

I like your idea of just replacing the form on the landing pages. You will lose progressive form fill capabilities though, right?

Can you provide some guidance on how best to set up the program to ensure proper tracking?

Should each PPC ad group be set up as a separate program?

Could I have one generic PPC program and run all the forms through it?

TIm
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answers!

We I figured out so far is the following. Basically there are 3 options in our case.

1. Replacing all landing pages with Marketo landing pages (full functionality, best to control)
2. Using the Munchkin API to get the data in Marketo (no form features such as progressive profiling etc. but maintaining web css) --> nevertheless easy to capture leads with a couple of prgrams and the smart campaign trigger ("lead was created with munchkin api")
3. Using iframe and embed the Marketo forms into corporate website (full form features but no web css without further customizings)

I know there is also the SOAP API but unfortunately not for Spark customers.

In order to save money spending in expensive customizings we will probably go with possibility 1 to replace the landing pages and create an entire "Marketo section" on our corporate website which all download content will be directed to.