Landing Page Size

Kathi_Gosche
Level 4

Landing Page Size

I am trying to create a landing page based off a blank template. Depending on the device (laptop, large monitor, phone, ipad, etc.) used to view the page, the content is positioned differently. Sometimes it's cut off on the top or the bottom. Other times, it is centered strangly. 

I've been experimenting with placement inside the Design Studio and am finding it difficult to pinpoint the best space. Does anyone have any guidelines to find the optimal position on the page and what the measurments are to fit a typical monitor? Is it to start in the upper left corner of the Design Studio? Maybe in the center? If it's the center, how do I determine what is the center of the page?

Some rulers with page margins denoted would be very helpful in a WISIWIG tool. 

Thanks,
Kat
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Landing Page Size

You can use the grid in the design editor. Clicking on an element will let you adjust its absolute position.

Unfortunately Marketo uses absolute positioning for pages, so there's no way to make this work well unless you've defined your template well in the first place. You might benefit from more clearly defining the placement areas with color tones and testing this in several browsers too.

There should be some good guidelines on screen size and optimal page sizes if you do a search. Usually 800x600 should work for most people these days.
Kathi_Gosche
Level 4

Re: Landing Page Size

Thanks Josh. I was using a blank template as those that Marketo provided with our installation didn't fit the look I wanted for this landing page. Is it best to place my 800 wide content dead center at the top of the design studio page? 

Thanks,
Kathi