Re: Landing Page restrictions from outside coders

Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing Page restrictions from outside coders

Our company is having an outsider coder develop a landing page for a campaign we are running.
Are there any landing page restrictions within Marketo that the coder needs to know about?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sarrah,

Does the landing page have a marketo form on it, or any custom javascript? If so, you want to make sure that it's all tested propoerly. I would just make sure if it's a template that they are creating that it has the 'mkt_editable' tags. This isn't necessarily a Marketo thing, but overall make sure it's tested accross all browser platforms and machines (a tool like Litmus cand do this) because older versions of Internet Explorer doesn't support the new Marketo Forms 2.0, so that is something to consider. If your audience uses a lot of older machines you may want to use forms 1.0. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amanda,
The landing page will have a form on it. 
Would it be best for the coder to leave room for me to place the form on top of the code in Marketo then to have him code it in?

Thank you for the pointers, I will definitely note them for the developer. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sarrah,

If you're using forms 2.0 then Marketo provides code for you to use. Simply navigate to the form, then click 'Form Actions' at the top and select 'embed code'. If you're using 1.0 you can create the form, and either 1.) find the four digit code id, and have them code it in that way, or leave space in the template for you to drag it in from the WYSIWYG.