Re: landing page reports

Sheila_Caballer
Level 1

landing page reports

I need to track sales rep engagement on a newsletter that goes to our outside sales force, as well as an internal audience. I only want to see engagement on the outside sales rep portion of the distribution. Our reporting is set-up as follows:

- The email program includes an Opens and Clicks Link report that gives me stats on outside sales rep readers only. This is how we want it.

- The landing page report tells me who clicked into each landing page. I believe those clicks capture readers from both the external and internal list. I only want to know which external people clicked into the landing pages.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to exclude internal people from the landing page report?

2. If not, what is the workaround? Do we clone the entire program in order to send it to two separate lists?

3. If I need to send two separate emails in order to track the different audiences, do we need unique landing page IDs for each program?

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Out of the box, you can't use a Smart List filter like you can on the email performance report. The way that I am thinking you can do this as a workaround is by creating smart lists.

1. Create Smart Lists for Each Timeframe (Last 7 Days, Last Month, All Time, etc.) That You Want to Track that include:
    1. A Member of Smart List or Member of List Filter to Select Only Those That You Want to Track
    2. The past action you want to track. In this case, Visited Web Page or Clicked Link in Webpage. You'd create a Smart List for each action if you wanted to separate them out.

You wouldn't need to clone the entire program, nor would you need to send two separate emails to track the different audiences.

Sheila_Caballer
Level 1

Thanks for your help.

Abhishek_Chand2
Level 5

You can also use people performance report, there you will be able to create smart list and get the report, also, you will have drill down feature in people performance report so that you can filter the required landing page.

Abhishek Chandra
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Sheila, if my response solved your question, please feel free to mark my reply as correct so that the thread shows up as 'resolved' in the community.