Issues displaying images, links broken??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues displaying images, links broken??

My links to images and files hosted in Marketo seem to be randomly choosing whether to work or not. Sometimes it seems as if my viewing the "Preview Draft" view and returning to the "Edit Draft" view will suddenly make all the images viewable when they previously displayed only errors - then the "Preview Draft" mode will immediately change to errors. Similar situation with my Marketo hosted pdfs as well as landing pages. Seems to be that it will work the first time I click the link, then will only return errors.

Is there some setting in the campaigns I need to fix?? I've already tried chaging the schedule to "each lead can run through the flow every time" but no changes.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?? Thank you in advance!

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Issues displaying images, links broken??

Sounds like you might have a problem with the browser or need to call Support.

When you say errors, do you mean that your listen campaign is not seeing the clicks to those pages or files? Or the file itself is having an error?
Anonymous
Not applicable

My listen campaign will register the click, but the landing page won't display. I was able to register one conversion when the landing pages were cooperating, though they aren't at the moment. Recently it's just been giving me an error page ("Network Access Message: The website cannot be found"), though about five minutes ago the link worked fine (it worked twice).

I'll try experimenting with other browsers before heading over to support. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't some campaign setting error on my part...?

Thank you Josh!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sure. Without seeing a screenshot or code for you campaign, I couldn't say if your campaign was working as intended. Sounds like it is.

Not sure why you'd have a network error. Could be a page error or something on Marketo's end.
Rafael_Santoni1
Level 5

Andrew,

I know this is going to sound strange, but try this. Clear all of your browser's cache, cookies, etc. as soon as you see the problem the next time. I for one, I am consistently having those types of problems.

Also when I am working from home (Comcast ISP connection) some times it seems like I have DNS issues that give me the same types of errors.

In fact, I once had similar problems working from home, I was not able to access pages that I mange in a major ISP and talking to the Comcast engineering teams we were able to figure out that Comcast was blocking some of the traffic to and from the IP address which was hosting thousands of sites, thus, they were working from anywhere else, just not my home Internet provider.

Good luck!

Rafael
Anonymous
Not applicable

One additional thought here is that Marketo provides a secure environment for email editing. By delivering the pages HTTPS, based on the security of your browser your nonsecure webcontent can be blocked. Do you often see completely unstyled pages, like blue underlined links in lists instead of navigation buttons, etc?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Network Access Message: The website cannot be found
Explanation: The IP address for the website you requested could not be found.
Error Code 11001: Host not found
Background: This error indicates that the gateway could not find the IP address of the website you are trying to access. This is usually due to a DNS-related error.

Thanks so much for the help guys. So far today for my emails no images or links are working from within or outside of my Marketo instance. I can see images on my landing pages when I'm previewing them from within Marketo, though the links in the emails I send out lead to errors. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies, Rafael, and have seen no changes.

Adam, I'm using Firefox and haven't had any of the problems with blocked webcontent that you mentioned. I've tried to adjust the browser's security settings but don't see any settings that I imagine would affect the situation.

Since I can't view the Marketo-hosted images even when editing drafts in the Marketo instance itself (usually), I suppose you guys are right that the problem must either be the browser or Marketo itself.

Next stop: Support??

Anonymous
Not applicable

*Update* After I created a draft of my email for editing, I was suddenly able to see all the images that were previously blocked both in my Marketo instance and in the emails I received in Outlook. What is going on here?!? Is the problem something simple, like the fact that I'm editing emails while the campaigns that use them are active?