Re: Issue with initial sync for SFDC person account to Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with initial sync for SFDC person account to Marketo

I am getting error message while trying to do the initial sync for SFDC person account to Marketo. I followed the following steps that is laid out in integration guide SFDC enterprise edition.
* Created Marketo profile and role in SFDC with same permissions suggested in the guide
* Create Marketo integration user in SFDC with same permissions suggested in the guide
* Made the modification to allow Marketo Integration user in SFDC to have the following access:
** Account
** Contact (combination of account and contact is our Person Account)
** Subscription - custom object
** Addresses - custom object, cause we use this custom object to store person account address
* Changed the field level security to allow only needed fields visible for marketo integration user
* Set up Security Control Sharing Settings to allow Marketo integration role to have access only for 1000 records for sync testing purpose by having a custom checkbox field in account object. This step is suggested by Marketo office hour instructor.
* Installed Marketo app in SFDC
* Mapped custom fields in Lead object as recommended by Marketo Office Hour instructor even though we don't use Lead object in SFDC. I've speifically asked about it but was told I should just follow the guide whether we use the object or not.
* Set up layout as instructed in the guid. Again, even though we do not use lead object in SFDC.
* Obtained security token
* Logged into Marketo and selected SFDC integration
* Entered marketo intergration user account and security token
* Got error message right away

Does anybody have the experience of syncing Person Account from SFDC to Marketo? Is there any special setting I should do to make it work?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know Person Accounts can be tricky, I would contact Marketo support for help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dawai,

What does the error message say?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I eventually got this particular error nailed down. Apparently, I need to enable to Lead and Opportunity objects in SFDC. I didn't do that cause my company does not use them, and there is no document indating those two objects are "required" for sync. Now my issue is, non of my SFDC records came over to Marketo. I am not sure if there is any other special setup needs to be done for Person Account.