Re: Issue: MCL Leads Syncing Over to SFDC via Campaign Sync

Rebecca_Llontop
Level 1

Issue: MCL Leads Syncing Over to SFDC via Campaign Sync

I'm wondering if anyone has best practices regarding keeping MCL leads in Marketo until they are MQL, and if it's possible to do this while using the "Salesforce Campaign Sync" in Marketo programs.

I'm realizing that when we add new leads to a Marketo program for which we have enabled the SFDC campaign sync feature (to create a new SFDC campaign), it is also syncing over the new leads who are MCL in the Lifecycle Status. Problem is, we would like to keep these new leads in Marketo (and out of Salesforce) until they become MQL, at which point they would sync over to Salesforce.

Is the only way to ensure that these MCLs do not sync over to Salesforce when using them in a program (like in an e-blast) is to *not* enable the campaign sync? Does that mean that we cannot sync over *any* programs that have new leads, so as to keep the MCLs in Marketo? We would like to keep using the Campaign Sync, if possible, but we'll have to find a workaround if this is a problem.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebecca Llontrop​   FYI. I moved your post to the Products and Support​ -- more likely to get this product related question answered there.

Mark_Emond7
Level 3

Hi Rebecca

You could create a Smart Campaign within each program with the following actions:

Smart List:

Trigger: Data Value Changes: Attribute - Lifecycle Status, New Status is MQL

Filter: Lifecycle Status is <all Lifecycle Status beyond MQL>

Filter: Filled Out Form: Form Name is <form for that program>

or if there is no form you could use

Filter: Clicked Link on Web Page: Link name is <link>

Flow:

Sync Campaign to SFDC

The one downside is that your membership numbers from a reporting standpoint will not be equal in both Marketo and SFDC, since you are not capturing the pre-MQL members from programs in your SFDC campaigns.

Mark

Mark_Emond7
Level 3

Actually Linda, the Filter: Lifecycle Status is <all Lifecycle Status beyond MQL> should actually be a Trigger.