Issue around option to check demo request on forms

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue around option to check demo request on forms

I have standard forms that work on different pages that include demo request. If a lead is looking for a whitepaper, I do want to give them the option of requesting a demo then and there. 
What I have been seening is if a lead asks for a demo and then fills out a form later not asking for a demo, Marketo will remove the demo request checkbox from their record. 

Any way to prevent information being removed from the record like this? 
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Issue around option to check demo request on forms

This is a common issue with any form fields you wish to reuse.  We're running into a similar situation with our contact-us form - specifically with the open text field for a visitor to type in their question/request.  Should they ever return to the site - and specifically to the contact us page - that field will pre-populate with their last question/request (unless you turn off auto-fill).  Furthermore, even if we have auto-fill turned off, their submitted question/request will overwrite the earlier one.

Basically, any time you wish to retain historical data, you need to create a custom field for that specific form.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alyssa, you can set the field to block updates.  This means once the field is no longer null (checked as true) it won't be able to uncheck based on a form fillout.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steven, I was told by Marketo Support that if a lead doesn't check the field it will be updated from null to false. Meaning block field updates would prevent that field from going from false to true should they select it later in a form fill. 

The way that I have seen records it does look like without checking a box it does update to false.