SOLVED

Isolating Duplicate Emails That Share Another Commonality

Go to solution
MarketoEmailGal
Level 1

Isolating Duplicate Emails That Share Another Commonality

Hi all,

I have kind of a strange situation that I'm looking to find a solution to. I have a number of duplicate emails, but that is because some of the recipients in our system share an email address among multiple unique individuals within the business. Each of these entities has their own unique ID code within our business that feeds into Marketo with their other information, which exists separately from their automatically assigned Marketo ID. The duplicates in this case are not necessarily a mistake and while they share an email, it is correct that they do not share an ID code. 

What I would like to be able to do is to isolate the email duplicates based on another factor. In this case, it is their rewards level. Some individuals share the same email and the same rewards level, but have different proprietary and Marketo ID numbers that correctly identify them as them separate records. Others have all of those factors differing except for the email.

Is it possible to use a campaign or smart list to separate out those who have the same Rewards Level and email, but different proprietary and Marketo ID numbers from those that only share the same email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Isolating Duplicate Emails That Share Another Commonality

Not within the UI; the Probable Duplicate detection doesn't work on custom fields.

Instead, do an export and crunch this offline.

Alternately, you could start with the Probable Duplicates by Email list and then run only that list through a webhook that checks the next level. (This is what I would do if this needed to be run continuously.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Isolating Duplicate Emails That Share Another Commonality

Not within the UI; the Probable Duplicate detection doesn't work on custom fields.

Instead, do an export and crunch this offline.

Alternately, you could start with the Probable Duplicates by Email list and then run only that list through a webhook that checks the next level. (This is what I would do if this needed to be run continuously.)