SOLVED

Is there a way to use program tags in smart campaigns e.g. scoring ?

Go to solution
Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Is there a way to use program tags in smart campaigns e.g. scoring ?

We have 5 separate score fields for 5 different products, so I need to be able to accurately categorize activities related to each product type, e.g. when someone attended a webinar about a "productA", the system should add score only to the "ProductA score" field. 

I am currently using program, email etc name contains "productA" filter to categorize, but the results are not accurate as we have people accross 4 continents using the same Marketo instance, and they have different naming conventions in each region.

Program tags could be a perfect solution for this, if I could just create a "Product type" tag and make it required, and then score based on program success:
Program Status was Changed + Constraints:  Success=True, Program Tag is "ProductA" -> ProductA Score =+10

Sadly , as of now, it doesn't seem possible to use Program tags anywhere outside of analytics.

Has anyone found a workaround for this? Or how do you make sure you score accurately for diffrent product categories?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a way to use program tags in smart campaigns e.g. scoring ?

The naming scheme would be the best way right now. Dan's suggestion could also work, however, I'm wary of adding a field(s) for this kind of situation. Your form could have a hidden "Most Recent Webinar Product Type" field if you run each webinar totally separately.

Check for an Idea on adding program Tags as filters or triggers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dan_Stevens_

That would be useful to filter/trigger off of program tag values for members of a program.  One workaround I can think of would be to first create custom fields to represent each of your tags.  And then when a lead becomes a member of a program, you would include specific flow steps to populate those custom "tag" fields with the appropriate value.  You lead scoring campaigns can then trigger/filter off of those values.  A bit tedious, but that's probably your best alternative in lieu of triggering/filtering off of the actual tags.
Josh_Hill13

The naming scheme would be the best way right now. Dan's suggestion could also work, however, I'm wary of adding a field(s) for this kind of situation. Your form could have a hidden "Most Recent Webinar Product Type" field if you run each webinar totally separately.

Check for an Idea on adding program Tags as filters or triggers.

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Thank you Dan and Josh!

I implemented a system of product codes in our instance, similar to what Josh suggested. And actually was able to do some great things with it like automating some of the interesting moments and of course scoring.

It is better than nothing, but still is not 100% reliable; we have 20+ marketo users and there is always a chance that one of them will forget to use a correct product code in their program/asset name, so being able able to filter based on tags would've been great, as I can define the types of tags and make them required.

Let's all vote on that idea - https://nation.marketo.com/ideas/1953#comment-16105