SOLVED

Is there a way to to auto-create an activity within Salesforce when a user utilizes MSI to send email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to to auto-create an activity within Salesforce when a user utilizes MSI to send email?

Is there a way to to auto-create an activity within Salesforce when a user utilizes MSI to send email? We capture email activity but do not want a user to have to take a 2nd step to log the email activity after using Marketo to send it. 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Re: Is there a way to to auto-create an activity within Salesforce when a user utilizes MSI to send email?

It would be created within Marketo and you could use Marketo to assign the task to anyone and mark it as completed. However, you won't be able to assign it to the SFDC running user. You'll have to pick a specific user or the lead owner.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a way to to auto-create an activity within Salesforce when a user utilizes MSI to send email?

Sure.

Sales Email is Sent/Delivered > IM or Task.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So would this be created within Salesforce or Marketo?
Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

It would be created within Marketo and you could use Marketo to assign the task to anyone and mark it as completed. However, you won't be able to assign it to the SFDC running user. You'll have to pick a specific user or the lead owner.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead owner should do the trick! Thanks, I am going to start working on this hopefully this week. Thank you all for your help. Sorry if its a basic question, I am helping cover Marketo until we fill our digital marketing manager's role and I am not quite as versed in Marketo as she was-trying to learn it all and keep up the day to day duties as well! 🙂 
Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Don't worry about asking basic questions. We all started there! I'm not sure what documentation or training your admin gave you, but if you were left high and dry I could recommend a few things to watch out for as you're filling in. Feel free to email me with any questions: delinda (dot) tinkey (at) gmail (dot) com.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! We don't have any documentation but have had some basic training, its the really detailed and complex stuff that blows my mind. 🙂 We are trying to hire on a temporary resource until we can backfill the position to get us through.