is there a way to split the 'from' information populated in emails between 2 reps?

Reanna_Pelkey
Level 2

is there a way to split the 'from' information populated in emails between 2 reps?

Hello wonderful Marketo Community members!

I've been tasked with building a nurture program that provides general information about a particular service and ends with an introduction from 1 of 2 inside sales reps.

The issue I have is the leads/contacts that enter the nurture might not be in a territory (in SFDC) that an inside sales rep owns.

Is there a way to make sure that only the 2 Inside Sales reps contact info populates? Perhaps a new field? or a way to split it so half of the emails sent have inside sales rep 1 and the other half have inside sales rep 2 as the sender?

I don't want 1 inside sales rep stuck with handling the majority of the leads.

Thank you in advance,

Reanna

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: is there a way to split the 'from' information populated in emails between 2 reps?

Is there a way to make sure that only the 2 Inside Sales reps contact info populates? Perhaps a new field? or a way to split it so half of the emails sent have inside sales rep 1 and the other half have inside sales rep 2 as the sender?

You can randomly shuffle among choices using a Velocity ("Email Script") token.

Simple approach at

https://blog.teknkl.com/lightweight-a-b-testing-in-velocity/

and more advanced notes at

https://blog.teknkl.com/shuffle-and-rotate-email-content-in-velocity/

Reanna_Pelkey
Level 2

Re: is there a way to split the 'from' information populated in emails between 2 reps?

Hi Sanford,

Thank you for the answer and links. This will be my first time using a Velocity ("Email Script") token so I'm hoping you will answer an additional question:

Will this allow me to do the following:

From Name: Option 1
Email address: Option 1Signature line of name, title, phone: Option 1

Or am I limited to just using the script for the signature at the end of the email? Ideally I'd like the email to be sent from the inside sales rep so and replies to go their inbox.

Thanks,

Reanna

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can use Velocity for all of those content types, yes.