SOLVED

Re: Is there a way to send an automated alert upon the creation of an opportunity in SFDC?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to send an automated alert upon the creation of an opportunity in SFDC?

We are trying to start on automated system that will alert various individuals in our organization upon the creation of an opportunity in SFDC. Ideally, we would like the notifcation to be sent based on the individual who created the opportunity. 

e.g)

John Doe has created a new opportunity.

Company: John's Pizza

Opportunity Name: John's Pizza Opportunity

Etc.....

Any suggestions on how this might done without doing a workflow in SFDC? We are looking to automate this through Marketo if possible. 

Thank you in advance,

- Nico

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to send an automated alert upon the creation of an opportunity in SFDC?

Hi Nico,

Sounds like the "Added to Opportunity" trigger would work, with a constraint added for the Opportunity field that identifies it was created by John Doe.

To direct the alert to different people based on different values for that Opp field, you might have to setup some smart lists in advance for "Has Opportunity... _____ is John Doe" and then use those in your Send Alert flow step choices (if member of smart list A, send alert to X...if member of smart list B, send alert to Y... etc.).

If you have other details that are relevant, feel free to post them as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nico,

Sounds like the "Added to Opportunity" trigger would work, with a constraint added for the Opportunity field that identifies it was created by John Doe.

To direct the alert to different people based on different values for that Opp field, you might have to setup some smart lists in advance for "Has Opportunity... _____ is John Doe" and then use those in your Send Alert flow step choices (if member of smart list A, send alert to X...if member of smart list B, send alert to Y... etc.).

If you have other details that are relevant, feel free to post them as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

Thank you for you quick response! What constraint would you use for the "Added to Opportunity" Trigger? 

It seems like "opportunity owner" or "sales executive" or "created by" would be most appropriate, but I cannot find anything similar to that for the constraint choices. 

Thanks again in advance!

Nico

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nico,

Are the 3 fields you mentioned Opportunity fields, or are they Lead/Contact/Account fields?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry I am a little lost. I am guessing I probably didn't explain myself correctly the second time. I agree that your first suggestion of adding a constraint for "created by" would work perfectly. The problem is I can't find anything similar to that. Is there a way to create a constraint?

Thanks again,

Nico

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nico,

Yes I believe so. Create a new field "Created By" on the Opportunity object in Salesforce, and it should appear as a constraint after is syncs down. Wait 5-10 min, then log out of Marketo and log back in, and I assume it should be there available as a constraint. I've never done that myself, but I have seen anywhere from only 15 constraints up to well over 50 depending on whose Marketo account I'm logged into, so that's what I assume will happen if you add a new field to the Opportunity. That type of thing might take more than 5-10 min to sync, but if you don't see it by the next morning, you might need to consult with Marketo support on how to add constraints.