SOLVED

Re: Is there a way to make an API call to replace tokens (my.x) without calling schedule campaign?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to make an API call to replace tokens (my.x) without calling schedule campaign?

I want to be able to put data in place of the tokens without having to schedule a send.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Is there a way to make an API call to replace tokens (my.x) without calling schedule campaign?

You can use Create Token to update the value of an existing token.  I haven't had a chance to update the docs to reflect this yet, though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You can use Create Token to update the value of an existing token.  I haven't had a chance to update the docs to reflect this yet, though.

David_Desrosie2
Level 4

Good to know. I noticed that when using schedule token, the content parsed into tokens is only available temporarily then reset to it's original value (I think after the campaign has ran) - Can you confirm if with Create Token, the values will be persistent?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Yes, they will be persistent.  Schedule and Request Campaign replace tokens only in the context of that specific flow, the Token APIs update the stored value.