Is there a way to identify SFDC Leads that do not have a corresponding Marketo lead record?

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Is there a way to identify SFDC Leads that do not have a corresponding Marketo lead record?

As a result of running the Delete Lead flow action without setting the Remove from CRM option to 'true', we have SFDC Leads that no longer have Marketo lead records.  We'd like to identify these and delete them in SFDC.  One indication that the SFDC Lead is not synced to a Marketo lead is that the Lead record's Sales Insight section's tabs have no data and the drop-down list is missing.  However, we'd like to be able to run a report that would identify these.  I tried using some of the standard Marketo fields with empty values as filters in the report such as Lead Score and Priority, but that doesn't work.  Is there any other way to select these SFDC Leads in a report?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a way to identify SFDC Leads that do not have a Marketo lead record?

You could run a report of leads that have no Lifecycle Status or Lead Score.

Elliott_Lowe1

Re: Is there a way to identify SFDC Leads that do not have a Marketo lead record?

All of the Marketo fields created in SFDC when it is integrated with SFDC don't have their values cleared when the corresponding lead is deleted in Marketo.  Also, there are some SFDC Leads that have corresponding  Marketo leads that do not have a score.  I need a field equivalent of the MSI sections drop-down list.  It's there when there is a corresponding Marketo lead and its not there when there isn't a corresponding Marketo lead.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Re: Is there a way to identify SFDC Leads that do not have a corresponding Marketo lead record?

In a case like this, once you remove the SFDC records from the recycle bin what I've done is a force-nudge change to push all records back down to Salesforce (i.e., make a new field in SFDC, mass fill it with a value, then delete the field) and then re-run your delete criteria sans delete from CRM.

This won't allow  you to get counts on the missing records before performing but should amend the situation.

Elliott_Lowe1

Re: Is there a way to identify SFDC Leads that do not have a corresponding Marketo lead record?

Thanks Courtney.  I think what you are suggesting is a little different from my scenario. 

We deleted the records in Marketo, but not in SFDC, so they are not in the SFDC recycle bin.  I want to identify those Lead records in SFDC before they are updated in some way, which will cause them to sync to Marketo and create a new Marketo lead that won't qualify for the smart campaign that deletes leads over 1 year old that are inactive and/or have an invalid email address.  You can visually identify these 'orphaned' SFDC Leads by the lack of the drop-down menu in their Sales Insight section, but I need a way to identify these en-mass. 

Exporting a smart list with the SFDC IDs prior to deletion would be one way to mass identify the SFDC Leads whose corresponding Marketo lead record has been deleted. Unfortunately, we did not do this.