Re: Is there a way to create more {{lead.Lead Owner}} token options?

Rachel_Peden2
Level 1

Is there a way to create more {{lead.Lead Owner}} token options?

I am working with our sales team to help further customize the emails that they send to prospects and clients.

One of these initiatives, is to add more information about the Lead Owner within the Marketo emails that we use. Currently, the field options for the "Lead Owner" information are: First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone, Job Title.

Does anyone know if there is a way to add more options to this picklist? I have access to a Salesforce developer if that is needed-- just wondering if this is even possible.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rachel!

I would create a field for each piece of information you're looking to capture. So, by your example, the following:

Lead Owner First Name:

Lead Owner Last Name:

Lead Owner Email:

Lead Owner Phone:

Lead Owner Job Title:

Once you create those fields in Field Management, you can reference them as tokens in emails and populate the necessary information you need.

Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Hi Rachel,

Are you trying to add more data points about the Lead Owner in addition to the First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone, Job Title. As long as you have the additional custom fields in Marketo that maps to SFDC fields, I believe you can bring them into your emails. FYI: I have not done this before.

One thing I have done is to based on the lead owner, I put a headshot of them to the customer emails that went out. I did thus using "if then" statements and store the image files in Marketo. 

Rachel_Peden2
Level 1

Hi Ashley-

Yes, I am trying to add more data points about the Lead Owner- in addition to those fields that already exist. For example, some of our sales team would like to include both an office phone, and a cell phone number in the emails that go out. Another instance is that our SMB sales each has a unique promo code that they can provide to customers to save a % off their purchase- while also crediting the salesperson for the sale. Just two of the instances of the use that we anticipate.

The If/Then option makes sense in my mind- I will try that out and see how it works.

Thanks!

Rachel

Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Do they maintain the unique promo code in SFDC? If you have a close relationship with the SFDC team, it will be ideal to read this directly from SFDC. One place to maintain, easier to track...:) 

Rachel_Peden2
Level 1

I wish it was maintained in SFDC! That would make it a lot easier. Thanks for your help!

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Rachel,

As the others on this thread have mentioned, you'll just need to add some custom SFDC fields and let me sync down to Marketo for use in tokens. I just wanted to add that you should be careful about using SFDC formula fields for tokens. For example, I created a custom SFDC formula field called Lead Owner Mobile Phone which was a simple formula to pull in the mobile phone number listed on the lead owner's SFDC profile. Unfortunately, Marketo has trouble reading formula fields which you can read about here:

How does Marketo see and pull data from Salesforce Formula Fields?

What we ended up doing was creating a simple text field and updated that field with the lead owner's mobile number manually via data loader. Then we set up workflows to update the field if the lead owner changed.

Rachel_Peden2
Level 1

Excellent. Yes, we have noticed the same with the API limit issues- and your response about formula fields makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for sharing your workflows for this- very helpful!