Re: Is there a way to assign static list to email program through API?

juliamunkhzul
Level 2

Is there a way to assign static list to email program through API?

Is there a way to assign static list to email program through API?
I would like to create email program using REST API, not involving any marketo UI. Is it possible thing to do? is there any work around?

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I would like to create email program using REST API, not involving any marketo API.

Your phrasing is quite confusing. How can you be “using [the Marketo] REST API“ but “not involving any Marketo API”?

Also, what do you mean by “assign a static list to an email program”? Email type Programs can indeed contain Static Lists. But such Static Lists will never be used directly for sending. Only the Program’s Smart List will be used to qualify people.

juliamunkhzul
Level 2

Hi,
Sorry, not using Marketo UI. Is there a way to create smart list through API? How can i populate the audience by API for sending.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can clone a template Email Program whose Smart List uses the Member of List filter and a local Static List.

In the cloned Program, Marketo will re-point the Member of List filter automatically to the cloned Static List. Then get the ID of the cloned Static List and add people to it.

Of course it would be good to know what you’re trying to accomplish from a business perspective rather than jumping into one of potentially many implementations.