Re: Is there a trigger for when a lead becomes Exhausted in an Engagement Program?

Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Is there a trigger for when a lead becomes Exhausted in an Engagement Program?

I created a new channel with the type set as Engagement Program. I added a couple statuses, including "Nurturing" and "Exhausted" because I want to see which leads are being nurtured vs exhausted from a synced Salesforce Campaign.

The problem is that I'm not sure how to set the program status to "Exhausted". Is it possible?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Is there a trigger for when a lead becomes Exhausted in an Engagement Program?

There is a smart list filter - if you use Member of Engagement Program you can add in the constraint "exhausted content" = true. If you did it this way you'd either need a separate filter (depending on your use case) or you'd just set recurring runs.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Anthony, unfortunately there is no trigger for exhausted, although there are several ideas, below. The easiest way is really just to set up a batch campaign to mark this. 

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JYmjAAG

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000IwhRAAS

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I can't see a trigger being built for this any time soon, it'd put a huge load on the system.

There's two options I've seen:
1) The recurring campaign option Kim has used above (it's my preferred option)
2) An "Email is Delivered" trigger, based on the last email delivered in the stream. Once that email is delivered, you can assume the lead is exhausted and do what needs to be done with them as a result. This obviously has a down side that you need to manually change this if you change the last email in the stream.
Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Thanks all.

We set up a recurring batch campaign to run after every cast. We used the "Member of Engagement Program" filter with the "Exhausted Content" contstraint.