Is there a system block for no email address?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a system block for no email address?

Hi All,

I have noticed we have over 30,000 leads in our Marketo instance with no email address. Does anyone have a way to block them from going into Marketo until an email address is added in SFDC?

Thanks!

Lauren

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a system block for no email address?

Do you mean block them from going to SFDC?

Sure, just exclude them from your lead lifecycle and SFDC. SFDC by default does not accept leads w/o email address unless you changed the rules.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

No, I want to block them from going into Marketo and keep them in SFDC. I don't see a reason for these leads to sit in Marketo until we get an email address for the leads. Is there any kind of rule we can set to make that happen?

Thanks!

Lauren

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your CRM admin can set this up with a custom sync rule. To use the Marketo custom sync rule, a field needs to be created in SFDC, a rule needs to be in place in SFDC, and Marketo support needs to be contacted so they can build a rule on the Marketo side to recognize that field. This is super common so support should be able to help you through setting this up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lauren, In my case SFDC is bit complex and difficult to put custom logic or controlling the records using sharing settings etc in SFDC, so I am running a scheduled job in marketo to delete the records with no email address. Leads with no email addresses will be deleted nightly.