Re: Is the future of Email TEXT?

Adam_Blinzler2
Level 2

Is the future of Email TEXT?

This week Amazon updated Alexa to be able to read your emails. Currently, this only works for Gmail and Microsoft email accounts. If people start changing the way they interact with email by asking Alexa to read the email, visuals will become less important compared to the text versions.

Having tested it out, Alex will first read the From and Subject Lines then ask if you wish to read, reply, delete or archive your email. If you ask Alexa to read it will read the first 10 seconds or so and then let you know how long it will take to read the rest of the email and if you wish to continue or perform one of the other options above.

Will have to see if this becomes a widely used tool for email consumption.

storybreak stars');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center}.editor .editor-inner div....

2 REPLIES 2
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Adam Blinzler​,

That is an interesting perspective!

I think that would possibly make an immediate impact when marketing to B2C. But again in B2C the volume of email one gets, I am not sure how much one would rely on AI tools like Alexa to scan emails. So I think this most certainly a relevant point, but wont make much of an impact in the immediate future. Talking about B2B, I don't think this makes much of an impact at this point. But thats again, my perspective. . An interesting thought though.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Huihsing_Kiang3
Level 4

This is interesting. Do you know if Alexa is reading from email TEXT version? I believe Siri can read emails as well.

I definitely think there will be an impact in the future but not in the next year or two. My favorite email is still short sweet with strong/big CTA for so many years.