SOLVED

Is My Content Really Gated?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is My Content Really Gated?

I have a gate, or basic form page being hosted by Marketo: http://info.hms.com/registration.html

This gate leads to content on my company's website: http://www.hms.com/white-paper-archive/six-practical-ways-fight-healthcare-fraud/

Did I set this up correctly? If you enter the URL for the content page into your browser, can't you just bypass the gate?

Thanks for any advice, I am very new to this!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is My Content Really Gated?

Yes you can bypass to the content. Typically if you don't want people to access the content directly you will need to not index the page or link to it directly from anywhere else.

There are other more technical ways to hide the content unless someone has filled out the page but it will require some extra coding from your webdev.

- Jeff 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can bypass to the content. Typically if you don't want people to access the content directly you will need to not index the page or link to it directly from anywhere else.

There are other more technical ways to hide the content unless someone has filled out the page but it will require some extra coding from your webdev.

- Jeff 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jeff! That is what I thought. I appreciate the quick response.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The alternative that most companies use is to email the content to the lead after they fill out the form. That way you can track it, you know you have a valid email address, and you aren't giving away your content for free.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem with emailing it though it the same problem as having it on a landing page, people can forward it to other people, who then will bypass the form.