SOLVED

Re: Is More MS Dynamics Integration Documentation Needed? If So... What?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much Chris. You are always so helpful!

I saw the recent configuration instruction mention that ADFS 2.0/2.1/2.2 are a prerequisite, but what about 3.0? This is what we currently have and want to make sure we don't need to configure a seperate server before moving forward. Can you clarify?

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L8d2CAC

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jillian, 

Thanks for reaching out! I'm glad to hear that my comments have been helpful to you. 

In regards to ADFS 2.2 vs. ADFS 3.0, they are actually the same thing. Technically, there is no such thing as ADFS 2.2. That's what people were calling that version, before Microsoft actually released it. Everyone was expecting Microsoft to name is ADFS 2.2, but instead the named it ADFS 3.0. So any time you see ADFS 2.2, please know that whomever mentioned it is actually referring to ADFS 3.0. 

With that said, I am working to have our Marketo Community article updated to reflect the correct naming convention. Additionally, when attempting to authenitcate with Marketo using ADFS 3.0, the only existing solution is for NON-SNI supported clients only. The full support for ADFS 3.0 is coming to Marketo early next year, mostly likely within Q1 of 2015. 

For now, if you'd like to authenticate with Marketo using ADFS 3.0, please refer to this article. It will step you through everything you need to make it work. https://newsignature.com/articles/federation-adfs-3-0-sni-support

Best regards, 
Chris
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi CHris,

I would require document regarding Best bet.
I am very new to Marketo may just 1 week old for Marketo.
It would great help if you help me in Understanding the best bet, and how it works.
Also I find many error in Marketo error log so how to solve these and are they Important for you.
Also if you have any user manuals regarding how to use Marketo and marketo Sales insight that will help me alot.

Regards,
Abhi.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should document how configuring Duplicate Detection Rules in CRM can prevent updates to records in Marketo from syncing to CRM.  It can prevent new records from syncing too, but we were surprised that it prevented updates too.  Marketo does have a way to suppress the dedupe rules; to have the setting changed you have to contact Tech Support.

Thanks,
Kristie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Abhijit, 

Welcome to the Marketing Nation! I'm glad to hear you are learning to use the different Marketo solutions. 

In regards to learning more about Best Bets, I would suggest starting with this articles from the Marketo Community. 

You will want to create at least one custom field of the 'Score' data type, using this article. 
Create a Custom Field in Marketo - https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KypG

The follow the steps provided here. 
Configure How Lead Scoring Impacts Best Bets in Marketo Sales Insight in Dynamics - https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L8BECA0

Another helpful article my be... 
Priority, Urgency, Relative Score, and Best Bets - https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyvXCAS

In regards to the errors you are seeing in the Marketo Error Log, please export the log to an Excel file and submit a support case. Either myself, or one of my Dynamics trained colleagues, will be sure to look into it for you. 

Best regards, 
Chris
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kristie, 

What you are referring to is considered a "last option" approach to this problem. A better solution is for the customer to edit their dedupe rules within their CRM.  

While support does have a tool for this, we don't put out documentation around it because it can only be used by Marketo Support. If you would like Marketo Support to configure the dedupe rules, a support case will need to be created. 

Best regards, 

Chris
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Thanks alot for your response.
The step you mention are already done.

I can also see Star Flame in MS Dynamics CRM.
What I am not able to See is Marketo Main Best bet, which is present under Workplace-> Extensions -> Marketo Main best bet.

When I click on Workplace-> Extensions -> Marketo Main best bet it shows no record exist, also I tried it by changing the view but same result.

Can you help me in this issue, I had also created ticket for same.

Reagrds,
Abhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding the support for ADFS 3.0, you mentionned that the only existing solution is for NON-SNI supported clients only.  What does "NON-SNI" mean?

My network admin mentionned this morning that they have imminent plans to upgrade to ADFS 3.0, so I'm trying to figure out if I need to delay them.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Abhi, 

Please share with me the case number, and I'll check on its progress. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kristie,

Server Name Indication (SNI) is an extension of the TLS protocol. Clients that do not support SNI will not be able to complete authentication when contacting the AD FS server without a workaround. 

The following aritcle should be helpful in explaining this further.... 

Federation with ADFS 3.0 and SNI Support: https://newsignature.com/articles/federation-adfs-3-0-sni-support

The full support for ADFS 3.0 will be coming early 2015. 

Best regards, 
Chris