SOLVED

Is Marketo <> SFDC sync for SFDC lookup fields not bi-directional?

Go to solution
ColinWhite
Level 1

Is Marketo <> SFDC sync for SFDC lookup fields not bi-directional?

Hi there,

I have a lookup field in the SFDC Lead object that does a lookup on the Campaign object. When I select a campaign in the field in SFDC, the respective Campaign ID is syncing over to the corresponding Marketo field correctly. But if/when I change the campaign ID value in the Marketo field, it does not seem to sync to the SFDC field. Ideally when I change the campaign ID in the Marketo field, the lookup value (i.e. the name of the campaign) would update in the SFDC field. Is the sync on SFDC lookup fields not bi-directional? 

Thx in advance

Colin

EDIT: Problem solved - there was a related flow in SFDC that was causing the Marketo > SFDC sync to fail in some circumstances..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Is Marketo <> SFDC sync for SFDC lookup fields not bi-directional?

Hi @ColinWhite,

Glad that you were able to solve the data sync issue! I wanted to call out for other users that lookup fields do not consistently update from SFDC to Marketo (essentially the inverse of your problem), so they may not always be the best approach. More details are available on this community post: Formula/Look-Up/Reference SFDC Field Not Updating in Marketo

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2023-2024 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Is Marketo <> SFDC sync for SFDC lookup fields not bi-directional?

Hi @ColinWhite,

Glad that you were able to solve the data sync issue! I wanted to call out for other users that lookup fields do not consistently update from SFDC to Marketo (essentially the inverse of your problem), so they may not always be the best approach. More details are available on this community post: Formula/Look-Up/Reference SFDC Field Not Updating in Marketo

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2023-2024 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion