Re: Is Marketo Considering Allowing Primary Lead Email Change Without New Lead Creation?

Mathew_Kuehl
Level 3

Is Marketo Considering Allowing Primary Lead Email Change Without New Lead Creation?

There are situations where a lead may give an email, and will want to later change it, but if they do this with a Marketo form it creates a new lead.  Is it on the product road map to allow for lead email updates without causing a new lead creation?  Right now I am frustrated by this lead creation.  Something as simple as a manage subscription page, where a primary lead on a record could be changed would suffice.  In order to get this to work properly right now I will have to build work arounds and customizations which is clearly not ideal.

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Is Marketo Considering Allowing Primary Lead Email Change Without New Lead Creation?

Hi Matthew,

This is a great idea you have to enable this to be done in a special subscription page (and there only). If you create it, I'll vote for it.

-Greg

Mathew_Kuehl
Level 3

Thank you for the reminder, Grégoire​.

I have added it to ideas.  I always forget about the Ideas page.  Here is the link:

Marketo Subscription Page:  https://nation.marketo.com/ideas/7489

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Voted 🙂

Mathew_Kuehl
Level 3

Thank you!