Is it possible to see which email clients our customers are using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to see which email clients our customers are using?

Our old email system was able to tell us which email clients (Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Gmail, Yahoo!, etc.) our customers are using as well as the kinds of mobile devices they use (iOS, Android, etc.). 

This information was really helpful, not just for designing emails that are compatible with different systems, but as a research tool for us to learn more about our customers and the kinds of technology that they are using. This information is useful when designing new products.   

Is it possible for Marketo to provide that kind of reporting? If not, I think it would be a great feature for Marketo to add in a future release. 

Please let me know your thoughts, and if you know of a way to capture that data through Marketo. Thanks. 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to see which email clients our customers are using?

Why would you want to know which client they are using? Email templates should be programmed to be client independant. But at least as far as I know this option is not available in Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to see which email clients our customers are using?

That's too bad. For campaigns that are B2C facing, we've been considering embedded video and audio as well as animated GIFs in our email campaigns  to make them more engaging. Some email clients support video, others support GIFs, and some only support static images. You can see a list here if you are interested of which email clients support which file formats: http://www.videoemail.com/supported-mail-clients/