Re: Is it possible to have one form for all case studies, one form for all white papers, etc.?

benfoley
Level 1

Is it possible to have one form for all case studies, one form for all white papers, etc.?

I am fairly new to Marketo, and am wondering if it's possible to use one single form for each category of content that my organization has -- case studies, white papers, guides, reports, etc. 

Currently, I am cloning from existing forms and creating an entirely new form each time a new piece of content is published. These forms point to one-off Thank You pages where the user can access their content. In order to scale, I'm wondering if I can create one case study form, one white paper form, etc., which I can then drop into Landing Pages as new content is published.

How would I go about implementing this? Would I have to eliminate the Thank You pages entirely, and instead create variable dependent follow up emails for each new piece of content? 

Any guidance/advice/assistance would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is it possible to have one form for all case studies, one form for all white papers, etc.?

Yes, absolutely! Marketo is really great for "globalizing" forms, emails, smart campaigns, etc., and you're smart to think in that direction. You create the form in Design Studio and then pull it into your landing page. You can designate the thank-you URL in the landing page. 

Search "Global Form" on this forum to learn more about the benefits and things to look out for. Examples:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/Global-forms/td-p/111822/page/2

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/Local-Forms-vs-Global-Forms/m-p/119015#M77751

Are you using program templates when you're creating your programs? This is another way to scale and standardize. Putting time now into developing your templates will make it much easier to efficiently roll out programs.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi,

- Yes, you can create global forms in your Design Studio for Case Study and Whitepapers. 

- Replace current forms on registration landing page with NEW global forms.

- You can still let the TY landing page in your program template and make sure to use while defining it in follow-up page when someone fills out form. See, https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Set+a+Form+Thank+You+Page

You can use this structure for your program template for your content channel programs:

Landing pages:

• Registration with Global form on it
  • TY landing page

Email Asset

• Confirmation/Thank you email which gets triggered to form fillers.

Campaigns

00. Auto-reponder:

• SL- (Trigger)Fills out Global Form on landing page
  • Flow- 1.Send Confirmation/Thank you email 2. Change program status to define success. 

01. Acquisition Program is Empty

• SL-(Trigger)Fills out Global Form on landing page
  • Flow- IF Acquisition Program is Empty then, Acquisition Program =Name of the program

with 01. Acquisition Program is Empty campaign you would be able to track where lead came into your database. Acquisition Program association to records also helps you do better reporting. 

Reports

• Program Performance Report: with this report you would be able to track how your programs are performing

Hope this helps!