SOLVED

Is it possible to find original lead?

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Is it possible to find original lead?

Hi,

We are using progressive profiling and have the case of a lead who had accessed an asset w/o filling the mandatory fields. It looked like the lead had received a emailing but just entered his email address (instead of full form). My guess (and my tests have confirmed it) was that the lead had in a previous life filled out all possible fields. He has received our blast w/ pre-populated email address field which he has replaced by another (new) email address.

My question is: if a lead changes his email address in a form, can we retrace what was the original lead/email address?

Thanks.

Cécile @ Talend

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to find original lead?

Correct, a new lead is created any time a unique email address is provided in a form fill out.

If your guess is correct and the lead was previously cookied but changed their email address in their most recent form submission then the visit webpage would get logged on the original lead so perhaps you could look at the time of the form fill out on the new lead and then create a visited webpage smart list for the landing page on which the form is placed and add a date constaint to narrow the leads down?

Don't forget that it is possible to bypass required fields if a lead has javascript disabled in their browser so this is also a possibility,

Cathal

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to find original lead?

Correct, a new lead is created any time a unique email address is provided in a form fill out.

If your guess is correct and the lead was previously cookied but changed their email address in their most recent form submission then the visit webpage would get logged on the original lead so perhaps you could look at the time of the form fill out on the new lead and then create a visited webpage smart list for the landing page on which the form is placed and add a date constaint to narrow the leads down?

Don't forget that it is possible to bypass required fields if a lead has javascript disabled in their browser so this is also a possibility,

Cathal