Re: Is it possible to define one filter in relation to another in a Smart List?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to define one filter in relation to another in a Smart List?

In a Smart List, is it possible to define one filter in relation to another?  Here is an example of what I mean:
I'd like to know how many people filled out a form as a result of a specific email.     
My two filters would be Opened Email and Filled Out Form, and I would select the correct email and form names, and I'd like to see who filled out the form within 30 minutes of opening the email.

Is this possible?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Randi,

This is doable except for the time parameter "within 30 minutes." Mkto cannot get that granular yet. But, finding out who filled out a form from an email is definitely doable. I would use the "Clicked Link in Email" filter and reference the link within the given email instead of using the Opened Email filter. Opened Email can give false positives and one can even click a link in an email without registering an Open. By using the Clicked Link filter, you are guaranteeing that they went to the form from your email and then filled out the form.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just like to offer my insight and point out that Jeff is a machine.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ever tried anything like this? 
0EM50000000RfIO.jpg
Stephen_Jeong1
Level 3

Hey Jeff, if I use a method like the one that you mentioned, doesn't the email need to use a unique URL?

For example, in a case where we direct people to a contact us on our website, it's possible that even if the lead clicked on that specific link in the email, that the lead could have filled out the form sometime in the past or sometime in the future and in those cases, the form fill outs would not be a result of that email.