Is it possible to automate a marketing suspension for all contacts in an account every time an opportunity is created?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to automate a marketing suspension for all contacts in an account every time an opportunity is created?

We have an interesting problem that occurs that sometimes we will be working with one contact at a company and be in the demo stage.  Then another contact from that same company will sign up and receive an automated outbound sales email.  It looks unprofessionial because it doesn't take into account that we already have a conversation going with someone else on their team.

Currently what happens is that when an opportunity opens we suspend marketing to the contact associated with that opportunity.

I would all other contacts from the same company in our lead database to also become marketing suspended.

I would also like for a campaign to be triggered so that if someone new signs up form the same company that they will automatically be marketing suspended as well.  

Any ideas on how to do this?  Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to automate a marketing suspension for all contacts in an account every time an opportunity is created?

For the first two questions:

Account-based triggers are hard to come by. One thing you could do is create a formula field in Salesforce that says If Account has an Opportunity, make equal to 1 (else 0). Then use that field as your trigger (data value changes) or a batch (Account Opportunity = 1), then it will affect all contacts that are part of that account.

For number three:

A little harder and my head hurts 🙂