Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

SOLVED

Is it normal to have higher bounce rates in summer?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it normal to have higher bounce rates in summer?

I know people go on vacation in the summer, especially in Europe, so maybe it's not the quality of my emails.... but I am noticing what appears to be a seasonal increase in bounce rates and a decline in deliverability.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Re: Is it normal to have higher bounce rates in summer?

HI Katharine - I think it is normal depending on the company.  A big chunk of our customesr are in Europe so the dreaded summer dip is something we are very use to.  We tend to slow down our content efforts mid-July through August and focus on September 1st, when our numbers quite literally rebound overnight.  If your bounce rates and deliverability numbers do not approve as summer ends, I would definitely take a look at other reasons behind the drop.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Lauren_Beth
Level 6

HI Katharine - I think it is normal depending on the company.  A big chunk of our customesr are in Europe so the dreaded summer dip is something we are very use to.  We tend to slow down our content efforts mid-July through August and focus on September 1st, when our numbers quite literally rebound overnight.  If your bounce rates and deliverability numbers do not approve as summer ends, I would definitely take a look at other reasons behind the drop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome - thanks! This is helpful.

Colin_Mann
Level 5

Fully agree - we do the same, especially for countries like Sweden where it's impossible to contact people in the summer.

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

For us sometimes it's July/August because of people going on vacation, or switching jobs, maternity leave.  But I also see a high bounce rate during the December/January times for the very same reason.