SOLVED

Re: Is anyone using the new Slideshare/Marketo integration?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone using the new Slideshare/Marketo integration?

Slideshare just moved it's pro users over to a new lead generation feature as part of their acquisition by Linkedin. The new system no longer emails you whenever a lead requests more information, but the system does offer an integration with Marketo. The Linkedin support team has no documentation or support resources available on the integration. Is anyone using it? I'm hesitant to set up an integration I can't learn about beforehand.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slideshare provides the integration walkthrough on their site. Its very straight forward. Its the same way you setup any 3rd party API to Marketo.

Slidshare however, doesn't provide hidden field support or really any good customizations on their forms atm. So its very very basic. Lead source comes in as SlideShare as default. But you can't seem to pass hidden fields for say campaign id or anything that you could use to add leads to specific SFDC campaigns upon lead creation. Hopefully soon.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emily Hossellman

FYI. I moved your post to Products and Support​ section of the site where most of our product experts are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I have no idea how this new community works!

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. This Thursday, we will have a webinar about the site. It will be a nice overview of the site. Join us for it.

Here's the link to sign up:

How to Get the Most Out of the New Marketing Nation Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops! Looks like I missed it. Was it recorded?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slideshare provides the integration walkthrough on their site. Its very straight forward. Its the same way you setup any 3rd party API to Marketo.

Slidshare however, doesn't provide hidden field support or really any good customizations on their forms atm. So its very very basic. Lead source comes in as SlideShare as default. But you can't seem to pass hidden fields for say campaign id or anything that you could use to add leads to specific SFDC campaigns upon lead creation. Hopefully soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Murtza Manzur,

I'm writing first to thank you for your excellent instructions on how to set up the Marketo REST API!

http://developers.marketo.com/blog/quick-start-guide-for-marketo-rest-api/

We are now able to have our SlideShare form completions push automatically to MKTO and SFDC.

Are we able to customize the mapping of fields through this API call?

For example, we don't want our lead source field automatically populated with SlideShare if that field is currently populated by another source, but we do want our custom field called lead source recent to be populated by SlideShare every time.

I'm curious if this is possible, or if you could point me in the right direction.

I'd rather not go back to manual imports, but I may have to if I can't manipulate some of the API field mapping logic.

Appreciate your guidance sir

-Andrew

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Emily - if you end up using the Slideshare integration can you post here again and give some feedback?  Slideshare was a great lead generation tool for us up until they made this transition and they are not providing much if any documentation to show value for the crazy high (for us) cost per lead.

Thanks!

Courtney_McAra4
Level 4

Just looking into this now - Emily Hossellman​ and Michael Rosenvall

Do either of you have stories of how this integration has/has not worked for you?   My team wants to integrate it, but if weekly imports of CSV files means better tracking/data than I'm going to go that route.

Thanks in advance!!