Re: Is anyone using APIs to get registrations from GoToWebinar or ReadyTalk?

Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Is anyone using APIs to get registrations from GoToWebinar or ReadyTalk?

We're currently evaluating GTW and ReadyTalk - any opinions on either are welcome. It's making me re-think our data flow.

If we use Marketo to invite people to a webinar by directing them to a GTW landing page instead of a Marketo landing page, we would need a way to send those registrations back to Marketo (in real time - not wait until the event is over).

Is anyone doing this successfully with either service? It would eliminate the need for almost every local asset under a Webinar program.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just time savings that explain why you'd want to use the GTW registration page? The biggest problem with using the GTW page is that you lose the benefit of that lead filling out a Marketo form, so any new leads from the webinar would enter your system as an untagged lead.  If all your attendees are tagged in your database, you'd still lose out on using progressive profiling. 

If you're trying to save time on asset creation, I would use Marketo for registration page/form and let GTW handle the confirmation and reminder messages.

Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Thanks Steve, yes I'll have to consider the fact the leads would not be tagged. We don't use too much progressive profiling because we enhance the information with data.com or talk to the leads live.

It would be a time saver not to build the Marketo registration pages and smart campaigns, but if I can't get registration data immediately from GTW then we'll still do it that way.