Interests and preferences on registration page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interests and preferences on registration page

We want to create an "Interests" page that is part of our registration process so that we can get uses on our site to tell us what they would like to receive.  We plan to have a traditional "subscription preferences" page on emails, but want something that is a little more based on interests rather than presenting a huge list of our products when they have just registered,  which would very likely cause the person to just unsubscribe before they even know what they are.

Does any out there have examples they could share of companies that maybe do this well or experience of doing this yourselves that you could share?  I know the Marketo version (http://pages2.marketo.com/emailsubscription) is very good if you are already receiving emails, but if you have just registered, you might want something more descriptive with fewer options.
2 REPLIES 2
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: Interests and preferences on registration page

Hi Simon,

Having an Email preference center is a good way to reduce the unsubsribes, increase email engagement (and Avoid Low Email Conversion, Poor Email Reputation, Slow List Growth & Degradation in Brand Equity) You can find some description regarding creating subscription centers in Marketo & few examples for companies using the same here, and here. Drop me a line at alok@grazitti.com for any more details!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interests and preferences on registration page

Thanks Alok, that is useful.  I definitely want this but in a way want two preference centres.  One that users get if they unsubscribe from an email and the other when a user first registers on our site.  My goal would be that the registration one acts more like "interests" than preferences, would you have any examples of this?