SOLVED

Re: Integrating google invisible reCaptcha to a Marketo form

Go to solution
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Integrating google invisible reCaptcha to a Marketo form

Hi All,

Google recently launched a new captcha under the name of "invisible reCaptacha". See here for the details on the integration.

Has anyone looked into integrating it with Marketo forms?

Also google proposes a way to verify the user's response from the backend. It this a mandatory step? It apparently takes an additional field and a webhook call.

I am not sure I like it if I need to check every form submission in the back end, instead of simply blocking the submission from the front end...

-Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Greg, you *have to* verify Captcha entries on the back end -- this is mandatory for all old Captcha technologies and all new ones. Without this step you're not stopping anyone from forging a successful result.

We use the invisible variant same as the previous "I am not a robot" style. Should be noted that some people will still get a visible challenge, as always.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
SanfordWhiteman

Greg, you *have to* verify Captcha entries on the back end -- this is mandatory for all old Captcha technologies and all new ones. Without this step you're not stopping anyone from forging a successful result.

We use the invisible variant same as the previous "I am not a robot" style. Should be noted that some people will still get a visible challenge, as always.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sanford,

Thx

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sanford Whiteman​,

How do you integrate the invisible recaptcha with a Marketo form ?

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman

Same as for the v2 reCAPTCHA (easier, actually, since you don't need to make space for the widget itself inside the form).  Bind grecaptcha.execute() to the form's .onSubmit().

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Thx

Marketo_Team
Level 1

Hi Sanford Whiteman,

When you write "bind", do you mean simply adding the following line of code to the onSubmit():

grecaptcha.execute()

Or would you recommend that we do it as in your codepen exemple and manage the Onvalidate ?

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman

You could do it in either event, but semantically the invisible version fits better in onSubmit, I think.

Luke_Richardso1
Level 1

Hi Stanford,

Do you know if it's true you need your Marketo forms to be served over HTTPS in order to activate the new Invisible captcha?

SanfordWhiteman

I'm not aware of that restriction, but I only use SSL pages. Where are you getting that from?