SOLVED

Include Opportunity Tokens in Email Alerts

Go to solution
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Include Opportunity Tokens in Email Alerts

Whenever an Opportunity is set to Closed Won in Salesforce, an email alert is sent to certain internal email addresses.

I'd like this email to include information about the Opportunity (specifically: a SFDC link to the Opportunity or Account and the $ value of the Opportunity). I've added default tokens in the email like Account Name and Owner but there are no default Opportunity tokens available.

Does anyone have an idea of how to include these values in those emails?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Include Opportunity Tokens in Email Alerts

Adam,

If you go into the Profile of the Marketo User in SFDC, you can find the field level permissions. I don't have that kind of access anymore, otherwise I'd point you to it. It might be under Role too.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13

If you type in Opp in the token lookup, does nothing appear? Maybe your permissions aren't right on the Marketo User.
Adam_Vavrek1

Only custom fields I've created in Salesforce based on Workflows at the company level. I'm an Admin...

0EM50000000SmwD.jpg
Josh_Hill13

odd. Did you check the SFDC Marketo User access?
Adam_Vavrek1

Good idea. Not sure where to find that. Do you know off of the top of your head?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have opp tokens either. How would that work? How would it know which opportunity values to pull in, since there is a many-to-one relationship?
Josh_Hill13

Adam,

If you go into the Profile of the Marketo User in SFDC, you can find the field level permissions. I don't have that kind of access anymore, otherwise I'd point you to it. It might be under Role too.

Adam_Vavrek1

Thanks for your help, Josh. I can't seem to find it. I'll reach out to Support for help. i appreciate your time/comments!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

In order to use Opportunity information in your emails you'll want to check out our Email Scripting capabilities.  You can find out everything you'll need to know at the link below.

http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/email-scripting/