Inactivity score rule logic

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inactivity score rule logic

I just created an inactivity score rule and it's not running correctly.

The premise is that someone's score is reduced by 3 if they've received an email within the past 2 weeks, but have not taken any action (email open, click, website visit).

My Smart List rule is
1. Was Sent Email, Any email in past 14 days
2. Not Visited Web Page, Any in past 14 days
3. Not Opened Email, Any in past 14 days
4. Not Clicked Link in Email, Any in past 14 days

Advanced filter logic is 1 and (2 or 3 or 4)

I spot checked it and someone who opened an email earlier this week had 3 points deducted from last night's run of this job. 

Am I missing something on this, or could it be an issue with how my email campaigns are set or defined?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Inactivity score rule logic

Hi Shinn, 

The -or- conditions in your smart list will cause it to qualify the lead if any of those conditions occur.  You should use "ands" to make sure that all of the conditions apply.  

If they opened the email but didn't click on it, then the score would still be deducted.  I would caution that some responses to emails may be delayed so you may want to check emails sent between 7 and 14 days ago and haven't engaged in any activity.  Just a thought.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inactivity score rule logic

Thanks for the reply Chris!

So regardless of the fact that the person opened an email just a few days ago, because he didn't click or didn't visit any web page qualified him?

If I change it to an AND criteria, all of those actions need to occur in order for peope to be included then right? I wonder if I'll need to create multiple scoring rules for each of these triggers then.