SOLVED

Re: In Future After and In Past Before - How to Include/Exclude "Today"

Go to solution
Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

In Future After and In Past Before - How to Include/Exclude "Today"

Grégoire Michel​, Sanford Whiteman​ - Do you know precisely how Marketo measures "In future after 1 day", "In future after 1 hour", "In past before 1 day", "In past before 1 hour"? If it makes a difference - in the case I'm looking at, the field is a Date field rather than a datetime field. The use case at the moment is a segmentation where someone belongs in "Customer" or "Not Customer" based on an "End Contract Date Field" being in the past or future (or present).

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Denise,

I have not tested the "in future after 1h" with a date field.

Also, you might not want to base a segmentation on this kind of filters. The actual date will change, but the field date will not, and therefore, the segmentation will not be recomputed every day nor every hour. Unless I am missing something here. So, even if the filter is available, the segmentation will only be true at the second it is computed and becomes wrong immediately.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Denise,

I have not tested the "in future after 1h" with a date field.

Also, you might not want to base a segmentation on this kind of filters. The actual date will change, but the field date will not, and therefore, the segmentation will not be recomputed every day nor every hour. Unless I am missing something here. So, even if the filter is available, the segmentation will only be true at the second it is computed and becomes wrong immediately.

-Greg

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hey Greg -

Really? You can't use "in past before" and "in future after" for segmentations? The segmentation wouldn't update when the date field was no longer, say, in the future (or past)? That's a big problem for us if that's the case. You're saying segmentations are only re-evaluated upon field changes?

Oh @$3&!  - you're right. I just checked the Product Docs.

-Denise

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

@$3&! . Did not know this one I am still enhancing my knowledge of the English language