SOLVED

In a form, is there any way to dynamically change both the field label and also the default value in the picklist? I can get the field label to change, but the picklist for the selected option will not change. It only shows as blank.

Go to solution
Casler_Nancy__N
Level 3

In a form, is there any way to dynamically change both the field label and also the default value in the picklist? I can get the field label to change, but the picklist for the selected option will not change. It only shows as blank.

The customer would like "United States" to be the default value only when "solar inquiries" is selected. I am using "USA" so it'll be different from "United States" already in the picklist. The "Business Location" label is showing on my live test page, but the default value "USA" is not. There just is no default value in that dropdown. I tried adding "USA|USA" to the original field values list for the Country field, but that made no difference. Is this even possible?
editVisibilityRules.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: In a form, is there any way to dynamically change both the field label and also the default value in the picklist? I can get the field label to change, but the picklist for the selected option will not change. It only shows as blank.

USA must be in the main list of values BEFORE you select the Variable option. All values you intend to use in any choice must appear in the main box first.

Don't worry, the lead will only see the correct one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: In a form, is there any way to dynamically change both the field label and also the default value in the picklist? I can get the field label to change, but the picklist for the selected option will not change. It only shows as blank.

USA must be in the main list of values BEFORE you select the Variable option. All values you intend to use in any choice must appear in the main box first.

Don't worry, the lead will only see the correct one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nancy

For the value of USA to appear in the drop down, in addition to including it in the Visibility Rules as you have done so here, you also need to include it as a value in the Country select drop down.  To do so go to the Country field, then select values on the right hand side.  Then add "USA" or whatever other values you'd like to appear across the different visibility options here. As in the screenshots below.

Hope that helps!

Bronwen

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 7.10.19 am.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 7.10.39 am.png