SOLVED

In a flow for a smart campaign, do all the actions happen in a certain order or do they happen at once?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

In a flow for a smart campaign, do all the actions happen in a certain order or do they happen at once?

I have been setting up smart campaigns and I keep coming back to this question:

If you have a smart campaign and set up a flow do all of those action happen in that order or at once? The numbering makes it appear like an order.

For example: If I have for (1) Wait 3 Days (2) Send an Email 1 (3) Wait 10 days (4) Send an Email 2 will both the emails send after the first "Wait 3 Days" and then both the emails send after the "Wait 10 Days", OR

Will it go in order so it sends the next email after 3 days and then 10 days from the start of the action it will send the second email?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: In a flow for a smart campaign, do all the actions happen in a certain order or do they happen at once?

This is also important because you should usually Sync to SFDC *after* you update data in Marketo, and set a Task *after* a 10 minute wait step after the sync in case Lead Owner is not yet set.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: In a flow for a smart campaign, do all the actions happen in a certain order or do they happen at once?

Hi Angela,

Smart campaigns alwas execute the flow in a linear order, so in your example it will go like this:

Campaign starts
Wait for three Days
Send Email 1
Wait for 10 Days
Send Email 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is also important because you should usually Sync to SFDC *after* you update data in Marketo, and set a Task *after* a 10 minute wait step after the sync in case Lead Owner is not yet set.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So to clarify:

I can set up one smart campaign and it will execute both emails in the correct order at the corrt time from the start of the cmapign? Instead of setting up two smart campaigns?

And Josh can you further explain your comment?