Importing template

freelancer
Level 2

Importing template

I created a template in Dreamweaver and want to import into Marketo and make the fields editable. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Importing template

You can certainly simply paste the HTML into a Marketo template. But if you haven't built it with Marketo's modular Email 2.0 syntax, it won't magically know which parts to be editable/substitutable/segmentable.

freelancer
Level 2

So 'no' then...ok..lol...thanks..have to do this the long way. 🙂

freelancer
Level 2

I'm having such a hard time building a template... I just want to build a simple template and then drag in the modules I need so I can start building my email...but it's not working. How do I do that? Is there a video I can watch...lol

SanfordWhiteman

Recommend you study the docs and inspect some of Marketo's built-in templates for pointers.

This isn't an overnight thing, using Email 2.0 syntax in full/correctly is a specialty.

freelancer
Level 2

Can someone help me figure out how to create a template with my code? I've been hired to create a template in Marketo (which I have never used and I was honest upfront about having never used Marketo before). I thought I could figure it out as I have used countless other platforms before. But, this one is super different. Unfortunately, my client knows less about Marketo than I do...and I have to create these templates without a clue. Any help would be appreciated.

SanfordWhiteman

Sounds like you'd benefit from a couple of training sessions with a pro Marketo designer. Can recommend someone* if you PM me.

* N.B. Self-promo isn't allowed on the Community, and I'm not recommending myself.

freelancer
Level 2

I sent a message but I'm not sure I did it right..I'm not having a good day...lol

Thank you for your help,

Sandra