Re: Importing Rainking leads to run a campaign in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Importing Rainking leads to run a campaign in Marketo

I'm new to Marketo and believe I may have done this backwards, but hoping to find a way to make this work. 

I've created several lists in Rainking (RK) around some products my company connects with.  I want to build campaigns in Marketo targeting the people within these lists. 

1. Since the lists are already created in RK, can I download those leads to Marketo and what would be the best way to do it? 
  2. Following that, what would be the best way to then setup a campaign?  
  3. Should I just scrap the lists from RK- and instead create a smart campaign within Marketo which would get the leads our RK sync?
3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Gerard,

The answer to this depends on whether or not Rainking is integrated with your CRM and if Marketo is integrated with the same CRM.

If both products are integrated with the CRM, then the leads in Rainking should already be present in Marketo. If they are not in Marketo, and you import them from RainKing to Marketo, you have the risk to create duplicates in the the system.

Otherwise, importing in Marketo is really simple as long as you can produce a CSV file from Rainking. As explained in this article, always use some static lists in Marketo to import leads.

Lats point and probably the most important: get some training and some help. Trying to discover Marketo all by yourself will take years instead of weeks and is a sure way to run into many mistakes. training and consulting takes some budget, but believe me, you will save money on the long term, with a much faster rampup and far less errors.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Greg  - Both RK and Marketo are integrated with our CRM.  Training is an issue due to budgets unfortunately (I've already asked) - hence why I'm in this position lol.  This was helpful, and thanks for the quick reply as well!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Gerard, It important also that you make sure that all the leads / contacts that you will import in Marketo are first sent from RainKing to Salesforce and then sync'ed with SFDC. This is the best way to avoid future data problems.

-Greg