Re: Importing List SFDC vs Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Importing List SFDC vs Marketo

I have a list that we purchased and then had interns scrub and add information. Should I upload that list to Marketo or SFDC? I belive both of our SFDC and Marketo systems are linked so in my mind uploading to one database would update the other, correct? Is there a best practice for list management? Thanks for your help!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely import this list via Marketo because it checks if the list entries are duplicates of existing Marketo lead records.  

Salesforce is not as forgiving, so that you could be importing the same person as an existing SFDC lead record, but Salesforce would treat the imported lead as a NEW LEAD.

Do yourself a favor and import into Marketo.     It will save you a lot of headaches down the road...

Don
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Don,

Thanks for your quick reply. We use Ringlead with SFDC to help prevent duplicates. We had a data dump from SFDC into Marketo where a lot of our leads are missing email addresses so we are afraid of importing list into Marketo and then having duplicates. I am trying to figure out the best way to move forward while dealing with the mess that my predecessor left me. 😉 I am not sure I could get approval to delete all the leads in Marketo that are missing email addresses, although that sounds like the way to go...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Don, upload into Marketo.