Importing Google Adwords Campaign

Nima_Dhingra
Level 2

Importing Google Adwords Campaign

Hi There, 

Does anyone know how I can import my google adwords campaign and track where my leads are coming from in Marketo? I found this guid; however, it's an older version and I don't have the same options available in my Marketo instance. 
http://docs.cdn.marketo.com/Marketo_Paid_Search_Quick_Start.pdf?url=/library/Marketo_Paid_Search_Quick_Start.pdf 

Thanks, 

Nima
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Importing Google Adwords Campaign

Hi Nima,

I have used a guide from Robert Vo a Revenue Consultant at Marketo. "Marketo and Google Adwords" 

Submit a ticket or call support and ask for this guide to be sent to you. Basicly it outlines a strategy to use specific URL parameters and cookies to populate hidden fields on forms. 

You will need to rebuild the URL's you have on all your google ads for this to work. Each ad click through URL will pass specific URL parameters indicating the Group, Ad, Campaign etc. to the hidden field on the landing page (or into a cookie for passing into hidden fields upon a later conversion). This way you will know what google ad got them!

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Eric

Anonymous
Not applicable

NIma -- I'd love to hear how this works for you. Keep us updated.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, you have to use hidden fields and url parameters. I haven't seen this guide that was mentioned, but there are a lot of threads on using URL params.