Import notes to Marketo: Appear as Activity in SF

Anonymous
Not applicable

Import notes to Marketo: Appear as Activity in SF

Morning all!

This isn't a pressing question, but one that was just brought up, and I didn't have an immediate solution.

In the past, we would upload a list of leads from an event, sync to SF, and if there were any notes associated with that lead/contact they would be added manually in SF (While I have a notes field I could sync to, I wouldn't sync to that because I don't want to overwrite what valuable notes might already be sitting there.). Usually this isn't a massive task because there aren't thousands of leads to do this to, and our Sales team generally gets into each of the lead records to add notes, make tasks, etc. anyway.

Talking with my Sales team however, they'd like it if we could import into Marketo, but have the sync re-route any notes we've collected to auto-appear in SF as an Activity (like a logged call for example). Of course, a logged activity in SF isn't one field. If I mapped all the fields in the SF Task Information section, and filled those in accordingly, would the sync then auto-create a line in the Activity History with the notes in the Subject/Comments fields?

Have you tackled note imports in some other way? Would love your thoughts. If the "logged activity" idea they hoped for can't work via Marketo import directly, can you do the same thing more easily, importing these details directly to SF? Or do you have another clever idea?

I think we're covered for this current event... but am curious for future use.

Thanks! - Jen
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Re: Import notes to Marketo: Appear as Activity in SF

Are you using Data Loader to import the notes? You could also create a custom Field (Tradeshow Notes) and then download the list of attendees using Salesforce so the salesforce ID was included.  Once you have the list, then add the comments to that custom field and use data loader to reimport just that field data.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Import notes to Marketo: Appear as Activity in SF

You can create an "interesting moment" and sync, but when a new interesting moment comes up, the old one will disappear.