SOLVED

Re: @import font not working

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

@import font not working

More of a general html question. But maybe somebody here knows something on this. I've tried everything, and I'm stumped on something that should be exceedingly simple...

I'm trying to use a webfont in our templates, but it's not applying. The font's sitting on our dev servers. The file paths all seem good. My reference to the style sheet for these fonts is in the header. I've also tried it outside of the header. I've tried the font reference hardcoded into the template. Nothing seems to work. On a Chrome browser, on my mac, it worked. So I had somebody else try it on theirs, and nope. I've cleared cache everywhere a dozen times over. So now... I'm stumped. Maybe somebody else's eyes can see what I'm not seeing.

For reference, here's a landing page that uses the template I'm working on: sample page

You can see it's skipping over the VerbLight font and using the Verdana. I want VerbLight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Charles,

A quick debug run on the page shows the following error messages:

pastedImage_0.png

I would bet you should try you upload the fonts to the design studio and to reference them from there.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Charles,

A quick debug run on the page shows the following error messages:

pastedImage_0.png

I would bet you should try you upload the fonts to the design studio and to reference them from there.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh! That pesky problem again. I've been running into that a bit recently.  I thought there was some reason I couldn't upload these fonts to the resource folder, because the folder structure changes in Marketo. At least that's what I saw in a note on using some template I'd downloaded to look over.

I'll upload them now and see what I can do that way.

UPDATE: yep. I uploaded the fonts and the css both into a "fonts" folder on the media center side. Using an absolute path to the files, everything seems to be in order.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh. dang. Just ran into a secondary problem. Now trying to apply the fonts to my email templates, using the same thing, but getting that same error of mixed content. I suspect because the email template preview is on the main marketodesigner page, but the code is sitting in our Marketo url:

Timestamp: 5/20/16, 3:26:14 PM

Error: Blocked loading mixed active content "http://go.idt911.com/rs/746-PTV-801/images/MyFontsWebfontsKit.css"

Source File: https://na-ab14.marketodesigner.com/email/emailGetContent?emailId=1970&leadId=1011879

Line: 0

Any thoughts on this new wrinkle?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Charles,

Not much of an idea, but as a matter of fact, applying special fonts in email is not that a good idea. Many email clients will not support it.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm including web-safe font backups in the CSS.