Re: Implications of renaming/deleting/merging lead source values in SFDC and Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Implications of renaming/deleting/merging lead source values in SFDC and Marketo?

Greetings All!

We are revisiting our lead sources in SFDC and i wanted to understand the implications those changes will have in Marketo.

For example: If I rename a lead source value, what needs to be done in Marketo to make sure no data is lost and the revision is implemented.

Same if I delete a lead source value or merge two values, what things need to be kept in mind before implementing any of these?

Will have to make changes to all the forms, smart lists that are using those lead sources values that may be undergoing change?

What would be the best way of implementing this across Marketo and SFDC?

Thanks!
Khushboo
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Re: Implications of renaming/deleting/merging lead source values in SFDC and Marketo?

Any changes you make on the lead/contact/account records in SFDC will be automatically reflected in Marketo.

If your Marketo lead forms, smart lists, etc. reference this field and it is a picklist then yes, you will need to update the picklist values wherever the field is used.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delinda is correct, changes to the data values in fields on the lead/contact/account records should be picked up in the next sync.

Changes to the picklist values in Salesforce will be picked up by Marketo. The admin will receive an automated email noting the change and any landing pages with that form will move into approved with draft status, according to this article: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KzdqCAC. It was last modified in 2011, so forms 2.0 weren't around. Your forms may move to approved with draft and once approved, your landing pages will do the same.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Delinda and Joe!

Will this reflect as an activity on the leads? Will that bring all the inactive leads for the past couple months to leads with activity?

I am a little concerned about that.

Any thoughts are welcome!

Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

On the leads it will show as a "Data Value Change" which came from the sync to SFDC. It won't count as "Activity" like an email click, webpage visit, or SFDC activity (task) if that's what you mean.