Re: images on email

Patricia_Mercha
Level 2

images on email

is there any way to add an image to an email and for it to appear as image rather than download to get images?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the business goal? Would you like to embed image files as elements rather than referencing those images?

You can provide links to images to simulate attachments. 

The HTML language specifies the basic syntax as
img src="smiley.gif" alt="Smiley face" height="20" width="20"

In that context, all images are remote. That is standard HTML as defined by W3C

Patricia_Mercha
Level 2

Hi Breno,

So the end result would be when you recieve the email, the images are seen rather than have to right click to download an image
Anonymous
Not applicable

Images added via email editor generate a HTML such as img title="nature" src="http://s.imwx.com/dru/2014/06/8eef0a67-cb6a-45ff-a269-6f3d36914473_650x366.jpg" alt="nature" width="200" height="113"

The email programs display the images normally, unless they are background images on MS-Outlook.

I am afraid I may be misunderstanding the requirement. I am adding screen shots of my test.  Please let me know whether the result matches the goal.

0EM50000000RxVu.jpg

0EM50000000RxVz.jpg

0EM50000000RxW4.jpg
0EM50000000RxW9.jpg
0EM50000000RxWE.jpg
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Usually when you have to download to see images, it's a setting in your Outlook. Change this in your preferences to always show images and you should be good. Hope this is what you were asking?
Patricia_Mercha
Level 2

Thank you all, I was basically trying to avoid changing any preferences.  I want to send out a mailign campaign, for an invitation to an event.  the email contains image only - but wanted the image visible when the image reached the audience.  So whether I change my settings - it needs to be relavent to who ever receives it.  Sounds like this is not possible

Anonymous
Not applicable

The image blocking is unrelated to the composing or sending system.

It still works that way if you send from Outlook to Outlook or to any other email client allowing to block images, web-base systems included.

Please keep in mind sending an email consisting of a single image will set spam scores sky high, often going beyond the threshold, either marking as spam or sending straight to junk folder.

I would suggesting sending that email to your account first (via flow, not send sample) and then inspecting the full headers for

X-Spam-Flag:

X-Spam-Score: 

X-Spam-Threshold: 

X-Spam-Exception

Anonymous
Not applicable

As other have mentioned this is an email client issue. Here is a list that shows the default behavior of email clients (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc) for downloading and displaying images.