Form 2.0 Professive profiling and Field visibility rules

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 2.0 Professive profiling and Field visibility rules

Hi all

I am enjoying Forms 2.0, but stuck when it comes to combining Progressive profilling and field visibility features.

Basically, any fields with visibility rule (show if previous field value X), do not display correctly, when moved to the progressive profiling section.
Wondering if I am the only one experiencing this?
and if someone has found a workaround

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form 2.0 Professive profiling and Field visibility rules

I don't think you are alone in this. Pretty sure I came across a similar discussion recently. Let me see if I can find it.  - Jeff 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys - this is an issue we are aware of and have fixed for our February release which will be live this Friday!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeffrey, Jason.

Looking forward to February release

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jean-Christophe, we are also experiencing this issue and are patiently awaiting the February release.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jason, this does not appear to be working right for me and it's been a month since the release.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,
As I'm using this Progressive Profiling functionality, I encountered with the folloing situation:

-------- Fields:
"Parent Field" - Type: Select - Values: A, B, C, D, E
"Child Field" - Type: Select - Values: 1, 2, 3, 4

-------- Expected Behavior
IF
 ("Parent Field"   IS   B, C, D ) Then Show "Child Field"

-------- ERROR
But, the thing is, that when selecting B, C, D,and inclusive the LAST VALUE IN THE LIST "E", The "Child Field" is shown in the Form.

Jason, I hope you can clarify what was fixed on the release.
Regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marcelo - are you trying to use the above logic to create a multi-select statement that requires the user to select (B,C, and D) in order for a child field to show?  

If so, this is not something that Forms 2.0 supports.  The operators on the above are simply "or" statements so that type of logic would not be possible.

@Josh - is there a support case you have open with regards to this?  If there are issues, knowing what might be causing them would definitely help us address root cause.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jason, Thanks for trying to help, @Marcelo and I work together, and we had to play with progressive profilling and field visibility (and compromise a bit :)) to make it work as we wanted to.

Our issue was one of the field value would make 2 other fields to show, and the other value only 1 field (different to the previous 2) to show.

When you combine this to progressive profiling this becomes fun ! and impossible ! so we changed to something simpler

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jason - As as comment for you, my logic is OR, I know that Marketo does not support AND.
The problem is that I have configured (B or C or D) but, unexplicably the logic worked like (B or C or D or E).

Best Regards,
Marcelo